Take a moment to learn how we focus on developing new programs and communities to support sustainability. It’s our way of being responsible for the wellbeing of our environment and keeping our future bright and sunny.
A high Eco IQ℠
The innovative minds at H.G. Fenton have formed the Eco IQ℠ Team to promote energy-efficient technologies and earth-friendly practices. Since Eco IQ℠ was started, the team has made a difference by using:
- Environmentally-friendly building materials
- Drought-tolerant landscape and “smart” irrigation systems
- Photovoltaic (solar) panel installation at our corporate office (powering 90% of energy used in the building)
- Photovoltaic (solar) panel installation at 12 of our 13 residential communities
- Eliminated the use of bottled water at our corporate office
Solterra: San Diego’s first 100% solar community
Our Solterra Ecoluxury Apartments were designed to generate enough kWh from its solar panels to share with residents so the sun could provide all their electricity for…for free! Then Nest thermostats and In Home Displays were added to each apartment to help residents keep track of energy usage and learn to be more efficient. Solterra is the first of its kind, where resort style living intersects with innovation and technology!
Utilizing the sun, helping customers
All but one of our communities uses solar power to limit reliance on traditional energy sources. From heating pools to supplying electricity to common areas, you can feel good knowing that your community cares about the planet and residents When you rent an H.G. Fenton apartment, you’re not just living, you’re EcoLivingSM.